Care Assistant (Nights)
About The Role
We are currently searching for a Care Assistant (Nights) to work at Beverley Parklands Care Home.
12 hours shifts 7pm-7am
The home provides both residential and dementia care, and achieved an Outstanding rating from CQC in their recent 2021 inspection.
The home includes a residents bar, shop, reminiscence street scene, hairdressers and bowls green.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks if required through the night.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate of pay if a Diploma/NVQ has been completed in Health and Social Care)
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
This role will include some weekend work
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
£9.80 Per hour
£9.90 per hour with NVQ/Diploma level 2 in Health & Social Care
Unfortunately Yorkare Homes do not currently have a sponsorship license and therefore cannot support overseas applications