About The Role
Beverley Parklands Care Home is currently rated as Outstanding by CQC and provides both residential and dementia care.
The facilities include a resident’s bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person-centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio
We are currently recruiting for a Chef to work 40 or 30 hours per week
This would include weekend work.
The role of Chef will work alongside the Head Chef to plan, prepare and present outstanding meals of restaurant quality to the residents.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues, residents and visitors.
Overview of Job Description:
- Working alongside the Head Chef, to prepare and cook a balanced, nutritious diet within a controlled hygienic environment, adhering to the menu planner or special requests of the residents.
- Planning, preparing and presenting meals to top restaurant quality
- Ensuring the kitchen is run and equipment maintained to an outstanding level, providing the kind of service the residents expect and deserve.
- To control systems of food allocation to minimise wastage, working with the Head Chef to keep within allocated budgets
- To deputise for the Head Chef when required and provide cover and support.
- To monitor stocks and purchases, thereby allocating the quantities of materials
- To maintain a balanced diet and varied menus.
- To ensure that all kitchen staff clean the kitchen after use, including self and, at the end of each shift, leave the kitchen in a clean and hygienic state
- Ensure that Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards are met
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer