Care Assistant (Twilights)
About The Role
Beverley Parklands is currently recruiting for a Care Assistant (Twilights) 20 hours per week to work at the care home in Beverley..
The Home is currently rated as Outstanding by CQC and provides both residential and dementia care.
The facilities include a residents bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio.
The role of a care assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist during meal times in accordance to the resident’s needs.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents
- To support residents to achieve their personal goals and engage in social activities.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate of pay if a Diploma/NVQ has been completed in Health and Social Care)
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Over 21 years £9.20 per hour
Under 21 years £7.50 per hour
All who hold a NVQ/Diploma in Health and Social Care £9.30 per hour
Yorkare Homes is Proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
Part-time hours: 20 per week
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated.