About The Role
Beverley Parklands are looking for a Maintenance Operative to join their team!
The Home, which provides both residential and dementia care for long and short stays, includes our usual facilities, such as an in-house bar, a full beauty salon and hairdressing room, cinema, and a sweet shop.
The facilities will be used on a daily basis by visiting friends and family, and in our varied activities program.
The care home is located on Beverley Parklands.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operative
The role of Maintenance Operative includes to ensure residents are provided with safe and well maintained environment in which to live in.
Support is provided by the Estate Manager, Area Maintenance Team, Decorator and Gardener.
It is essential that all our staff are;
· Flexible, caring and compassionate.
· Positive, self-motivated and organised.
· Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
· Sensitive to the needs of others.
· An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
· Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
· To complete health and safety audits to make sure our residents Home is safe.
· To ensure the environment is well maintained, including decorating and gardening.
· To support the Home out of normal hours to if required in an emergency.
· To liaise with the Head Office team and external contractors.
· To review servicing of equipment at the Home.
In return the company will offer you:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Free Uniform
· Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
· Career Progression
· Staff recognition awards
· Rewards App
· Health Scheme
· Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in a Maintenance role is preferred. Care Home experience would be advantageous.
Mere Hall is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
Salary: £10.30 per hour