About The Role
Beverley Parklands is currently recruiting for a Kitchen/Servery Assistant to work at the care home in Beverley.
The Home is currently rated as Outstanding by CQC and provides both residential and dementia care.
The facilities include a resident’s bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio.
The role of a kitchen/servery assistant is to ensure the high standard of food preparation maintained and to implement requirements set out by the Environment of Health and Local Authority for the Home and Food Safety Act 1990
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- Under the direction of the Chef to assist in kitchen tasks connected with the preparation, cooking, presentation and serving of meals and beverages whilst ensuring the highest quality of service as required by the residents and Management of the home
- To ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness be maintained throughout the kitchen and dining area, as set by the Health and Hygiene Authorities and the Management of the home.
- To carry out general kitchen and dining room duties, such as setting tables, washing up and serving meals to residents.
- To report and record in an appropriate manner any information to be considered important.
- Servery duties including basic meal preparation (Toast/Porridge/Eggs/Sandwiches etc) serving meals, tidying and cleaning tables etc
- May include at times taking meals to Residents rooms and tidying away once finished.
- May be a requirement to carry out the Tea round – taking the tea/coffee trolley around the floor room to room asking residents what they would like
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainers
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
This role will involve some weekend work
Rate of pay are as follows:
£9.60 per hour
£9.70 per hour with a relevant NVQ
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer