About The Role
Our new development Haxby Hall Care Home in Haxby, York started in August 2022 and is expected to be completed by April 2024.
Haxby Hall is located in the heart of Haxby, next door to the local playground, and a short walk from the amenities of the village, such as a Co-op supermarket, Costa Coffee and Haxby Bakehouse.
This luxury 63 bedroomed care home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, restaurant standard dining rooms, a full beauty salon, and hairdressing room, a cinema, a convenience store, and outdoor terraces on each floor.
The home will offer large, beautiful gardens, with a bowling green, allotments, and private seating areas for family, friends, and residents to enjoy.
Yorkare Homes is one of the highest CQC-rated care providers nationally and that same level of care will be provided at Haxby Hall.
Yorkare Homes aim for their residents is to enjoy the next chapter of their lives in a safe and luxurious environment, whilst being able to offer a varied and engaging range of social activities. This is achieved by our dedicated care teams, activity co-ordinators and our highly trained chefs.
To build our new amazing team Yorkare Homes are looking for…
Domestic Assistants ( to include servery/laundry and cleaning elements of the role)
This role will include some weekend work
The role of a Domestic Assistant is to work as part of a team providing a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas throughout the home, following appropriate cleaning procedures.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
· The use of chemicals and cleaning equipment responsibly and within health and safety guidelines. To clear waste in an appropriate manner. To maintain Health and safety throughout the home for residents, visitors and staff.
· To keep a high standard of appearance and tidiness throughout the home and to respect each residents’ belongings being mindful of their privacy and dignity in their rooms and to their personal property
· To check the condition of domestic equipment and report any malfunctions, hazards or potential hazards to maintenance.
· To undertake isolation cleaning where required – for residents who need to be protected from infection, or for those who may be infected.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free enhanced DBS check*
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Pay Scale – £11.80 per hour regardless of age
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
* Fee will be recouped if you leave within your 3 month probation period.