About The Role
Our new development Haxby Hall Care Home in Haxby, York started in August 2022 and is expected to be completed by April 2024.
Haxby Hall is located in the heart of Haxby, next door to the local playground, and a short walk from the amenities of the village, such as a Co-op supermarket, Costa Coffee and Haxby Bakehouse.
This luxury 63 bedroomed care home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, restaurant standard dining rooms, a full beauty salon, and hairdressing room, a cinema, a convenience store, and outdoor terraces on each floor.
The home will offer large, beautiful gardens, with a bowling green, allotments, and private seating areas for family, friends, and residents to enjoy.
Yorkare Homes is one of the highest CQC-rated care providers nationally and that same level of care will be provided at Haxby Hall.
Yorkare Homes aim for their residents is to enjoy the next chapter of their lives in a safe and luxurious environment, whilst being able to offer a varied and engaging range of social activities. This is achieved by our dedicated care teams, activity co-ordinators and our highly trained chefs.
To build our new amazing team Yorkare Homes are looking for…
40 Hours per week. This role will include some weekend work
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues, residents and visitors.
Overview of Job Description
- To be in overall charge of the Housekeeping team, with the management team.
- To provide the residents with a safe and clean environment to live in.
- To complete staffing rotas and supervisions..
- To spot check and audit the service provided.
- To support, train and guide Housekeepers as required.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to senior managers if unable to resolve.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free enhanced DBS check*
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Pay Scale – £12.50 per hour regardless of age
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
* Fee will be recouped if you leave within your 3 month probation period.