Care Assistant (Days)
About The Role
Yorkare Homes is excited to begin developing Haxby Hall into a state of the art luxury care home.
The Home, in the heart of Haxby, will provide both residential and dementia care for up to 63 residents.
It is on a 1.4 acre site allowing for large gardens, allotments and a bowls green.
Facilities will include an in-house bar, a hair and beauty salon, terraces on each floor, a cinema and a sweet shop. These will be used daily in our varied activities programme.
Haxby Hall is currently recruiting for Care Assistants (Days)
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are:
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description:
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks if required through the night.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfill this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.