Senior Care Assistant (Nights)
About The Role
Yorkare Homes is excited to begin developing Haxby Hall into a state of the art luxury care home.
The Home, in the heart of Haxby, will provide both residential and dementia care for up to 63 residents.
It is on a 1.4 acre site allowing for large gardens, allotments and a bowls green.
Facilities will include an in-house bar, a hair and beauty salon, terraces on each floor, a cinema and a sweet shop. These will be used daily in our varied activities programme.
We are current recruiting for Senior Care Assistants (Nights)
This will involve some weekend work
The role of a Senior Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence. .
It is essential that all our staff are:
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To either be in overall charge of an entire speciality or to support the person in overall charge in all aspects of the management of the home.
- To promote the philosophy of Privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all of our clients, treating everyone with respect.
- To support and guide Care assistants to provide personal care and support residents with a wide range of needs and disabilities.
- To induct, train and supervise care assistants as required.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care, using the appropriate documentation in accordance with MAR charts and Yorkare Homes policies.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. Read and write reports in an accurate and timely fashion using the computer systems.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to senior managers if unable to resolve.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate if an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care is held)
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.80 per hour