Night Senior Care Assistant
About The Role
Lindsey Hall provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home. The facilities include a full reminiscence street scene, residents pub, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
The role of a Night Senior Care Assistant is to lead the team in ensuring the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our senior staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills
- Professional and confident in providing support to junior colleagues which will include both positive and negative feedback.
Overview of Job Description
- To lead and supervise a team of Care Assistants and take the lead in the Home during the night shift.
- To guide Care Assistants to provide a high level of personal care and support residents with a wide range of needs and disabilities. Seeking guidance from professionals when required.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important, and oversee the documentation entries of the Care Assistants.
- To be able to communicate well with professionals, other staff members, residents and relatives.