Senior Care Assistant (Nights)
About The Role
Lindsey Hall is currently recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant (Nights) at the Care home in Cleethorpes. The Home is currently rated as Outstanding by CQC and provides both residential and dementia care.
The facilities include a residents bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio.
The role of a Senior care assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To either be in overall charge of an entire speciality or to support the person in overall charge in all aspects of the management of the home.
- To promote the philosophy of Privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all of our clients, treating everyone with respect.
- To support and guide Care assistants to provide personal care and support residents with a wide range of needs and disabilities.
- To induct, train and supervise care assistants as required.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care, using the appropriate documentation in accordance with MAR charts and Yorkare Homes policies.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. Read and write reports in an accurate and timely fashion using the computer systems.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to senior managers if unable to resolve.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
This role will include some weekend work
Experience in this role is preferred.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer
Salary: £10.20 per hour
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated.