Cleaner (Domestic Assistant) Part Time
About The Role
We are currently searching for a Part Time Domestic Assistant (Cleaner) to work at Lindsey Hall Care Home.
The home provides both residential and dementia care and facilities include a residents bar, shop, hairdressers and bowls green.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio.
The role of a Domestic assistant (cleaner) is to work as part of a team providing a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas throughout the home, following appropriate cleaning procedures
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- The use of chemicals and cleaning equipment responsibly and within health and safety guidelines.
- To clear waste in an appropriate manner.
- To maintain Health and safety throughout the home for residents, visitors and staff.
- To keep a high standard of appearance and tidiness throughout the home and to respect each residents’ belongings being mindful of their privacy and dignity in their rooms and to their personal property
- To check the condition of domestic equipment and report any malfunctions, hazards or potential hazards to maintenance.
- To undertake isolation cleaning where required – for residents who need to be protected from infection, or for those who may be infected.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
£9.00 per hour (Over 21)
£7.30 per hour (Under 21)
As of 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work in a social care setting that you must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
Part-time hours: 16 per week