About The Role
Louth Manor will be opening February 2022.
The 72 bedroom care home will provide both residential and dementia care.
The Home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, a full beauty salon and hairdressing room, cinema and terraces from each floor.
The facilities will be used on a daily basis by visiting friends and family, and in our varied activities program.
The Home is on a 1.5 acre site to allow large gardens, with a bowling green, allotments and private seating areas.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Chef (This would include some weekend work)
The role of Chef will work alongside the Head Chef to plan, prepare and present outstanding meals of restaurant quality to the residents.
Using fresh ingredients and produce and working with the residents to ensure they are provided with a tasty, safe, nutritious and varied top quality menu.
Support is provided by the Regional Hospitality Manager, and restaurant standard catering facilities are provided.
It is essential that all our staff are;
Flexible, caring and compassionate.
Positive, self-motivated and organised.
Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
Sensitive to the needs of others.
An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
Possess good communication skills with colleagues, residents and visitors.
Overview of Job Description:
- Working alongside the Head Chef, to prepare and cook a balanced, nutritious diet within a controlled hygienic environment, adhering to the menu planner or special requests of the residents.
- Planning, preparing and presenting meals to top restaurant quality
- Ensuring the kitchen is run and equipment maintained to an outstanding level, providing the kind of service the residents expect and deserve.
- To control systems of food allocation to minimise wastage, working with the Head Chef to keep within allocated budgets
- To deputise for the Head Chef when required and provide cover and support.
- To monitor stocks and purchases, thereby allocating the quantities of materials
- To maintain a balanced diet and varied menus.
- To ensure that all kitchen staff clean the kitchen after use, including self and, at the end of each shift, leave the kitchen in a clean and hygienic state
- Ensure that Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards are met
- Qualified Chef holding a City & Guilds/NVQ2 or equivalent
- Food Hygiene and Safety qualified
- Good understanding of HACCP
- Experience of a Care Home environment desirable. Confidence to engage with residents to create a varied and appetising menu
- Current knowledge in catering for modified diets and allergy awareness.
- Comfortable working with fresh seasonable produce and good knowledge of nutrition
- A warm, approachable manner and an understanding that the residents’ wellbeing is the top priority.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Great work-life balance; working days with alternate weekends
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
If you are a qualified Chef, driven by quality and looking to work with in a friendly, outstanding and progressive environment – apply today.
Salary Dependent upon experience
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated against covid 19.