About The Role
Louth Manor will be opening February 2022.
The 72 bedroom care home will provide both residential and dementia care.
The Home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, a full beauty salon and hairdressing room, cinema and terraces from each floor.
The facilities will be used on a daily basis by visiting friends and family, and in our varied activities program.
The Home is on a 1.5 acre site to allow large gardens, with a bowling green, allotments and private seating areas.
We are currently recruiting for an Ancillary Assistant (Domestic/Laundry) This will include some weekend work
The role of an Ancillary Assistant is to work as part of a team providing a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas throughout the home, following appropriate cleaning procedures
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description:
- The use of chemicals and cleaning equipment responsibly and within health and safety guidelines.
- To clear waste in an appropriate manner.
- To maintain Health and safety throughout the home for residents, visitors and staff.
- To keep a high standard of appearance and tidiness throughout the home and to respect each residents’ belongings being mindful of their privacy and dignity in their rooms and to their personal property
- To check the condition of domestic equipment and report any malfunctions, hazards or potential hazards to maintenance.
- To undertake isolation cleaning where required – for residents who need to be protected from infection, or for those who may be infected
- To ensure that the laundry room is a safe environment for staff and conforms to the legislation laid down under the health and safety at work legislation
- To ensure that every resident enjoys clean and well maintained laundry and that this is presented to the required standard.
- To maintain a high standard of laundry in accordance with environmental health requirements.
- To carry out daily maintenance of the laundry equipment.
- To ensure stocks of consumables are sufficient and not used wastefully
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Rate of pay are as follows:
21 years and above £9 per hour
under 21 years £7.30 per hour
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19.