About The Role
Louth Manor will be opening February 2022.
The 72 bedroom care home will provide both residential and dementia care.
The Home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, a full beauty salon and hairdressing room, cinema and terraces from each floor.
The facilities will be used on a daily basis by visiting friends and family, and in our varied activities program.
The Home is on a 1.5 acre site to allow large gardens, with a bowling green, allotments and private seating areas.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operative/Handyperson
The role of Maintenance Operative/Handyperson includes to ensure the residents are provided with safe and well maintained environment in which to live in.
Support is provided by the Area Maintenance Manager, Decorator and Gardener.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To complete health and safety audits to make sure our residents Home is safe.
- To ensure the environment is well maintained, including decorating and gardening.
- To support the Home out of normal hours to if required in an emergency.
- To liaise with the Head Office team and external contractors.
- To review servicing of equipment at the Home.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in a Handyperson role is preferred.
Full Time role 40 hours per week. This will include some weekend work
Salary dependent upon experience
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated