Activity and Events Lead
About The Role
Our Magdalen Park Care Home (Hedon ) is looking for an
ACTIVITY & EVENTS LEAD £11.20 p/h
(Supported by the Activity and Events Coordinator)
Full Training, onboarding, and support will be provided
Working 24 hours a week, weekend as required.
The role is key to our resident’s happiness and will include planning, organising, executing, and leading internal and external activities and events in response to the identified wants, wishes, and needs of our residents.
You will be required to create and nurture local community links and partners, carry out administrative duties, be computer literate, and have a good understanding of social media. You will be able to work as part of a team and have a positive impact on both the home and our residents.
You will be working closely with the group marketing manager and will support with marketing and PR strategy for the home.
Positive, self-motivated, confident, outgoing, and creative
Organised, great with time management and planning
Possess good communication skills
An active team player and must also be able to work on their own initiative
Flexible, adaptable, empathetic, and patient
Computer literate and confident with social media
Previous experience working with children or adults, or within event planning, clubs or administrative roles would be an advantage – however full training will be provided.
Overview of Job Role:
· Plan, organise and execute the weekly plan of activities or planned events within the home, in response to the identified wants, wishes, and needs of our residents.
· Responsible for own time management
· Responsible for all pre-planning of all seasonality events, can forward plan, and have great organisational skills.
· Planning and booking of all external excursions on the Yorkare Minibus to local landmarks and events.
· Attending and supporting residents on planned external excursions.
· Responsible for the weekly upkeep of the Homes social media Page (Facebook).
· Responsible for maintaining the upkeep of the weekly activities CQC evidence folder.
· The daily input of all activity notes on the internal systems.
· Responsible for monitoring own emails and actioning (internal and external)
· Responsible for all the home’s notice boards’ the upkeep, information updates, initiatives, and events (weekly/monthly).
· Responsible for the creation, updates and distribution of the Yorkare Monthly Newsletter.
· Full Stock control of the in-house Shop and Bar. Monthly review, the purchasing of all stock required online, price checking, and the displaying of all stock.
· Monthly meeting with the home Manager to discuss all planned activities, and upcoming events.
· Monthly meeting with the group Marketing Manager on the company-wide initiative.
· Planning, executing and record keeping of the company wide initiative.
· Attendance to the company wide monthly activity team meeting.
· Community Links – responsible for creating and building up a network of local community links and partners – Clubs, Schools, Dance Clubs, Therapy, Animals, local Churches, Choirs, Sports, Supermarkets, and any local Sponsorships deals held with Yorkare Homes.
· Creation of any posters and notices to advertise any planned events
· Full responsibility for all fundraising ideas and events to support the in-home resident’s fund.
· Attend monthly resident meetings, with both residents and families, to update on all activities, engagements, plans and trips.
· Monthly creation of the internal Activity Report – summary of all activities carried out and any feedback received.
· Be responsible with the registered manager for the appropriate use of the home’s activities programme budget/fund.
· Continually risk assess activities in relation to individual residents and ensure each is involved at the appropriate level of risk commensurate with their abilities and aspirations.
- Investigate, develop, and extend the range of activities and interests that the home can offer.
- Maintain and develop the home’s “information bank” about the community and other resources that residents might be able to use in the pursuit of their interests.
- Review and evaluate the activities program so that it is kept up to date and fit for purpose.
- Organise and carry out regular “resident/families satisfaction surveys” of the activities provided so that they can be continuously improved.
- Responsible for the decoration of the homes for events, seasonal events, and parties
- Plan and execute events that engage both employees and residents and can support any fundraising activities.
- Forward planning and booking of all live entertainment for the home.
- Planning and executing of all large events for the home.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free enhanced DBS check*
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Bonus for working Christmas
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in Care/Dementia Care is advantageous however, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities, we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
* Fee will be recouped should you leave within your probationary period.