About The Role
Magdalen Park are currently recruiting for a Chef to work full time in Hedon. The Home provides a fully equipped, modern, kitchen with support from a team of Kitchen Assistants who work from serveries next to the the three dining areas. Support is also provided from the company Hospitality Manager.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To create a varied, nutritious and tasty menu in conjunction with our Hospitality Manager, whilst being aware of our residents allergies.
- To lead the kitchen team on a daily basis
- To provide a high quality selection of baked goods.
- To oversee meal services
- To monitor stock control and order appropriately.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen and serveries is of a high standard and all documentation is completed appropriately
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to the Registered Manager if unable to resolve.
Whilst experience in care would be great, what is more important is a background in a busy kitchen and having a positive and friendly attitude! We will provide all training and support that is needed to establish yourself in the role.
Please apply to meet the team, have a tour of the Home and learn more about the role.