Cook (Part Time)
About The Role
Magdalen Park Care Home is currently recruiting for a Part time Cook (33 hrs per week over 3 days 7am-6pm) to work at their care home in Hedon.
The Home provides both residential and dementia care and is rated Outstanding by CQC.
The facilities include a residents bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
The role of Cook is to prepare and cook a balanced, nutritious diet within a controlled hygienic environment, adhering to the menu planner or special requests of the residents. The Home includes a large kitchen, plus satellite kitchens, with restaurant standard equipment and support is provided by the group Hospitality Manager.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide suitable, high quality, well presented food throughout the day for our residents.
- To control stocks and purchases, thereby allocating the quantities of materials
- To ensure that all kitchen staff clean the kitchen after use, including self and, at the end of each shift, leave the kitchen in a clean and hygienic state.
- To be aware of the resident’s needs and dietary preferences
- To ensure that after each meal, any food retained in sample pots is in chilled form for the required period and labelled appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and good practices. COSHH, Manual Handling, Health and Safety, Infection Control and CQC Regulations.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals