Kitchen Assistant (Part Time)
About The Role
Magdalen Park is currently recruiting for a Part Time Kitchen Assistant to work at the care home in Hedon.
The Home is currently rated as Outstanding by CQC and provides both residential and dementia care.
The facilities include a resident’s bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
- We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centered care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio.
The role of a kitchen assistant is to ensure the high standard of food preparation maintained and to implement requirements set out by the Environment of Health and Local Authority for the Home and Food Safety Act 1990
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- Under the direction of the Chef to assist in kitchen tasks connected with the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals and beverages whilst ensuring the highest quality of service as required by the residents and Management of the home
- To ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness be maintained throughout the kitchen and dining area, as set by the Health and Hygiene Authorities and the Management of the home.
- To carry out general kitchen and dining room duties, such as setting tables, washing up and serving meals to residents.
- To complete tea/coffee rounds to rooms as required.
- To report and record in an appropriate manner any information to be considered important.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainers
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Rate of pay are as follows:
21 years and above £9 per hour
under 21 years £7.30 per hour
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated.
Part-time hours: 24 per week