Dementia Care Manager
About The Role
We are now recruiting for a Dementia Care Manager for our new care home Mere Hall in Hornsea. The role will act as a Deputy to the Registered Manager and oversee the Haven, our dementia care area.
The Home, which provides residential and dementia care for up to 64 residents, is due to open in October. The successful candidate will have extensive senior care experience within care homes, preferably with some management experience also. In the absence of the Registered Manager you will take responsibility for the Home alongside the Residential Care Manager.
It is essential that all our senior staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills
- Professional and confident in providing support to junior colleagues which will include both positive and negative feedback.
Overview of Job Description
- The role will consist of a mixture of office and on the floor work
- To lead and supervise the staff team of Care Assistants
- Take the lead in the Home in the absence of the Registered Manager
- To guide the team to provide a high level of personal care and service to our residents. Seeking guidance from professionals when required and conducting care reviews with residents and families.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care.
- To oversee the documentation entries on a daily basis and complete audits.
- To be able to communicate well with professionals, other staff members, residents and relatives.
- To share the on-call with the other members of the management team.
The facilities will include an entrance bar, shop, hairdressers and cinema. Outside the Home also includes an allotment, artificial bowls green and a balcony on each floor, with superb views over Hornsea Mere.
Yorkare Homes currently has 3 CQC outstanding rated Homes in the local area, so if you would like to provide the highest level of care, in a luxury environment, please apply today. Opportunities for further training and progression available.