Senior Care Assistant (Days)
About The Role
Mere Hall is Yorkare Homes latest care home due to open in October, in Hornsea. The Home will provide both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home. The facilities will include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large terraces overlooking the Mere.
The role of a Senior Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To either be in overall charge of an entire speciality or to support the person in overall charge in all aspects of the management of the home.
- To promote the philosophy of Privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all of our clients, treating everyone with respect.
- To support and guide Care assistants to provide personal care and support residents with a wide range of needs and disabilities.
- To induct, train and supervise care assistants as required.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care, using the appropriate documentation in accordance with MAR charts and Yorkare Homes policies.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. Read and write reports in an accurate and timely fashion using the computer systems.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to senior managers if unable to resolve.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in this role is preferred.
Interviews will be held in Beverley, in our safe visiting rooms, and if you are successful in the first stage of staff recruitment, induction training will be started mid-September.