About The Role
Mere Hall is Yorkare Homes latest care home due to open in October, in Hornsea. The Home will provide both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home. The facilities will include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large terraces overlooking the Mere.
The role of a Head Housekeeper is to ensure the residents are provided with a safe and clean environment and to support the Housekeeping team.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To either be in overall charge of the Housekeeping team, with the management team.
- To provide the residents with a safe and clean environment to live in.
- To complete staffing rotas and supervisions..
- To spot check and audit the service provided.
- To support, train and guide Housekeepers as required.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to senior managers if unable to resolve.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in a Housekeeping role is preferred.
Interviews will be held in Beverley, in our safe visiting rooms, and if you are successful in the first stage of staff recruitment, induction training will be started mid-September.