About The Role
Mere Hall is Yorkare Homes latest care home due to open in October, in Hornsea. The Home will provide both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home. The facilities will include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large terraces overlooking the Mere.
The role of Head Chef includes to ensure the residents are provided with a tasty, nutritious, and varied menu, to maintain high standards of cleanliness and to oversee the service at meal times. Support is provided by the Regional Hospitality Manager.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide a tasty, nutritious, and varied menu,
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and document appropriately
- To oversee the service at meal times.
- To gain feedback and deal with complaints appropriately.
- To order and manage stock.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in a Chef role is essential.
Interviews will be held in Beverley, in our safe visiting rooms, and if you are successful in the first stage of staff recruitment, induction training will be started mid-September.