Handy Person (Part Time)
About The Role
The role of Handyman includes to ensure the residents are provided with safe and well maintained environment in which to live in. Support is provided by the Area Handyman, Decorator and Gardener. This is a part time role, with 16-20hrs available over 3-4 days.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To complete health and safety audits to make sure our residents Home is safe.
- To ensure the environment is well maintained, including decorating and gardening.
- To support the Home out of normal hours to if required in an emergency.
- To liaise with the Head Office team and external contractors.
- To review servicing of equipment at the Home.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in a Handyman role is preferred.
Interviews will be held in Beverley, in our safe visiting rooms, and if you are successful in the first stage of staff recruitment, induction training will be started mid-September.