Laundry Assistant (Part Time)
About The Role
Mere Hall is Yorkare Homes latest care home to open in Hornsea.
The Home provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home.
The facilities include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large terraces overlooking the Mere.
Mere Hall is currently recruiting for a Part Time Laundry Assistant
The role of a laundry assistant is to ensure that the laundry requirements are undertaken to a high standard and be aware of the residents’ laundry needs.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To ensure that the laundry room is a safe environment for staff and conforms to the legislation laid down under the health and safety at work legislation.
- To ensure that every resident enjoys clean and well maintained laundry and that this is presented to the required standard.
- To maintain a high standard of laundry in accordance with environmental health requirements.
- To carry out daily maintenance of the laundry equipment.
- To ensure stocks of consumables are sufficient and not used wastefully
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.