About The Role
Mere Hall Care Home is recruiting for a Chef/Cook.
The Home provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home.
The facilities include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large terraces overlooking the Mer
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio
We are currently recruiting for a Chef/Cook to work 30 hours per week on a rolling rota basis. This would include alternate weekend work.
The role of Chef includes to ensure the residents are provided with a tasty, safe, nutritious, and varied menu, to maintain high standards of cleanliness and to oversee the service at meal times. Support is provided by the Regional Hospitality Manager, and restaurant standard catering facilities are provided.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide tasty, safe, nutritious and varied meals according to resident’s dietary needs
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and document appropriately
- To oversee the service at meal times.
- To gain feedback and deal with complaints appropriately.
- To order and manage stock.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Experience in a Chef role is essential and current knowledge preferable in catering for modified diets and allergy awareness.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer