Senior Care Assistant (Nights)
About The Role
Mere Hall is a fantastic new Care Home on Hull Road, Hornsea.
The Home provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home.
The facilities include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large terraces overlooking the Mere.
We are currently searching for a Senior Care Assistant (Nights) to work at Mere Hall Care Home.
*There is a £250 bonus payment attached to this role (to be paid upon successful completion of the probationary period)
*Paid Mileage – 25p a mile will be paid for any commute mileage over and above 10 miles a day
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio
The role of a Senior Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are:
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description:
- To either be in overall charge of an entire speciality or to support the person in overall charge in all aspects of the management of the home.
- To promote the philosophy of Privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all of our clients, treating everyone with respect.
- To support and guide Care assistants to provide personal care and support residents with a wide range of needs and disabilities.
- To induct, train and supervise care assistants as required.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care, using the appropriate documentation in accordance with MAR charts and Yorkare Homes policies.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. Read and write reports in an accurate and timely fashion using the computer systems.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to senior managers if unable to resolve.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- £250 signing bonus (on successful completion of probation period)
- 25p a mile paid over 10 miles a day
- ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme – £250 bonus (on successful completion of probation period)
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
- Free Uniform
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
Salary: £10.20 per hour
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19.