Care Assistant (Nights)
About The Role
Mere Hall, Hornsea, is currently recruiting for Care Assistants (Nights).
*Paid Mileage – 25p a mile will be paid for any commute mileage over and above 10 miles a day.
The Home provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home.
The facilities include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large terraces overlooking the Mere.
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are:
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description:
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks if required through the night
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate of pay if a Diploma/NVQ has been completed in Health and Social Care)
- 25p a mile paid over 10 miles a day
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
This role will involve some weekend work
£10.00 Per hour
£10.10 per hour with NVQ/Diploma level 2 in Health & Social Care
12 hour shifts – 7pm – 7am
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
Unfortunately Yorkare Homes do not currently have a sponsorship license and therefore cannot support overseas applications .