Care Assistant (Days)
About The Role
Rawcliffe Manor (Formerly Amelia House) will be opening in January 2022.
The Home will be fully refurbished into a luxury, state of the art, 67 bed care home.
Both Residential and Dementia care will be provided, and facilities include residents bar, garden room and private dining room.
We are current recruiting for Care Assistants (Days)
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are:
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description:
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks if required through the night.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate if an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care is held)
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
Over 21 – £9.80 per hour
Over 21 with NVQ2 – £9.90 per hour
Under 21 to be discussed at interview
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated.
Induction, Training and initial shifts will be at Haxby Hall, Haxby, our sister home – until Rawcliffe Manor is open.