Residential Care Manager
About The Role
Tranby Park are currently recruiting for a Residential Care Manager to work at the new care home in Hessle, based on Heads Lane near Hessle Mount School. The Home provides both residential and dementia care, but this role will oversee the residential care beds and staff team, and act as a deputy to the Registered Manager.
The facilities at Tranby Park, which only opened in September, include a resident’s bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
The role of a Residential Care Manager is to support and guide staff to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To be in overall charge of the residential care floors and to support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the management of the home.
- Complete management tasks such as the rota, auditing and staff meetings.
- To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all of our clients, treating everyone with respect.
- To support and guide the team to provide personal care and support residents with a wide range of needs and disabilities.
- To induct, train and supervise staff as required.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care, using the appropriate documentation in accordance with MAR charts and Yorkare Homes policies.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. Read and write reports in an accurate and timely fashion using the computer systems.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to the Registered Manager if unable to resolve.
Whilst experience is preferred in deputy or registered management posts, an experienced Senior Care Assistant with the correct attitude could be supported to fulfill the role successfully. If successful in this post there could be opportunities to advance to a Registered Managers post in the future.
Please apply to meet the team, have a tour of the Home and learn more about the role.