About The Role
Tranby Park are currently recruiting for an Activity Coordinator to work in Hessle, based on Heads Lane. The Home provides both residential and dementia care, and this role will be key in providing a high quality, varied and engaging life for our residents.
The facilities, which are used daily in this role, include a resident’s bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To create a varied, fun and engaging activity program
- To complete an initial activity assessment as the resident first moves in, in order to get to their likes and dislikes.
- To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all of our clients, treating everyone with respect.
- To coordinate ideas with the other activity staff across the group.
- To liaise with and include external entertainers/volunteers to enhance the program.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. Read and write reports in an accurate and timely fashion using the computer systems.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to the Registered Manager if unable to resolve.
Whilst experience in care would be great, what is more important is a positive and friendly attitude! We will provide all training and support that is needed.
Please apply to meet the team, have a tour of the Home and learn more about the role.