About The Role
Tranby Park are currently recruiting for a Laundry Assistant to work in Hessle, based on Heads Lane. The Home provides both residential and dementia care, and this role will be key in providing a high quality service and assisting our residents to always look their best.
The facilities at the Home include a resident’s bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program. There is a dedicated laundry room with space and all of the equipment to carry out the tasks required.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To clean and press the clothing and linen as per instructions
- To complete daily cleaning schedules of the laundry room
- Whilst distributing clothing to bedrooms have positive interactions with the residents.
- To maintain the equipment.
- To liaise with Housekeeper and colleagues about any issues you may have..
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. .
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to the Housekeeper or Registered Manager if unable to resolve.
Whilst experience in care would be great, what is more important is a positive and friendly attitude! We will provide all training and support that is needed.
Please apply to meet the team, have a tour of the Home and learn more about the role.