Bank Care Assistant
About The Role
We are currently searching for Bank Care Assistants to work at Tranby Park Care Home.
The home provides both residential and dementia care and facilities includes a residents bar, shop, hairdressers and bowls green.
The rota is completed 4 weeks in advance and management would discuss what shifts would suit you when you are needed. A person who does not want set work every single week and is flexible is ideal for this role.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist during meal times in accordance to the resident’s needs.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents
- To support residents to achieve their personal goals and engage in social activities.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate of pay if a Diploma/NVQ has been completed in Health and Social Care)
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
If you share our passion for caring, and would like to join a friendly and supportive team, please do get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.