Care Assistant – Nights
About The Role
Westfield Park provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home.
The facilities include a residents bar, cinema, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and sweet shop, which are used on a daily basis by both residents and staff as part of the activity program.
The role of a Night Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks as required throughout the night.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff.
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfill this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
If you have not worked in care previously but wish to learn more, why not arrange a time to attend the home and discuss with management and possible future colleagues the opportunities that this role could offer you.