Care Assistant- Nights
About The Role
Westfield Park is a care home close to Hook, near Goole.
The Home provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home.
The facilities include a residents pub, hair and beauty salon’s, sweet shop, cinema, bowls green and large gardens.
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are:
• Flexible, caring and compassionate.
• Positive, self-motivated and organised.
• Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
• Sensitive to the needs of others.
• An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
• Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
• To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
• Serve and assist with drinks, snacks and meal times.
• Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
• To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
• To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay (increased rate of pay if a Diploma/NVQ has been completed in Health and Social Care)
• Free Uniform
• Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
• Career Progression
• Staff recognition awards
• Rewards App
• Health Scheme
• Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.