About The Role
Westfield Park, Goole, is currently recruiting for a Full Time Domestic Assistant.
The Home provides both residential and dementia care in separate areas of the Home.
The facilities include a residents’ bar, hair and beauty spa, bowls green and large garden areas.
The role of a Domestic assistant is to work as part of a team providing a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas throughout the home, following appropriate cleaning procedures
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- The use of chemicals and cleaning equipment responsibly and within health and safety guidelines.
- To clear waste in an appropriate manner.
- To maintain Health and safety throughout the home for residents, visitors and staff.
- To keep a high standard of appearance and tidiness throughout the home and to respect each residents’ belongings being mindful of their privacy and dignity in their rooms and to their personal property
- To check the condition of domestic equipment and report any malfunctions, hazards or potential hazards to maintenance.
- To undertake isolation cleaning where required – for residents who need to be protected from infection, or for those who may be infected.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
£9.00 per hour (over 21)
£7.30 per hour (under 21)
From the 11th November 2021 it will be law that to work within a social care setting you must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19