Senior Night Care Assistant
About The Role
Cottingham Manor provides both residential and dementia care for long and short stays, will include our usual facilities, such as an in-house bar, a full beauty salon and hairdressing room, cinema, a sweet shop and terraces from each floor.
The facilities will be used on a daily basis by visiting friends and family, and in our varied activities program.
The Home is on a 1.6 acre site to allow large gardens, with a bowling green, allotments and private seating areas.
All the bedrooms are large, with some premium bedrooms of over 20sqm each, and all include a full ensuite wet room.
The ground floor bedrooms include doors out to private patio areas. There are 5 premium suites which all have their own kitchenettes or lounge areas, and have been specially designed for couples/siblings but can be used individually also.
The care home is located on Harland Way, not far from Cottingham Parks Golf and Leisure Club and the village centre.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant (Nights)
£12.50 per hour
Free enhanced DBS check
The role of a Senior care assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To either be in overall charge of an entire speciality or to support the person in overall charge in all aspects of the management of the home.
- To promote the philosophy of Privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all of our clients, treating everyone with respect.
- To support and guide Care assistants to provide personal care and support residents with a wide range of needs and disabilities.
- To induct, train and supervise care assistants as required.
- To safely administer medications to those in your care, using the appropriate documentation in accordance with MAR charts and Yorkare Homes policies.
- To report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important. Read and write reports in an accurate and timely fashion using the computer systems.
- To deal with any queries or worries expressed by residents/relatives/visitors and forward on to senior managers if unable to resolve.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Bonus for working over Christmas
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Experience in this role is preferred.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer