Night Care Assistant
About The Role
Our new development Haxby Hall Care Home in Haxby, York started in August 2022 and is expected to be completed by May 2024.
Haxby Hall is located in the heart of Haxby, next door to the local playground, and a short walk from the amenities of the village, such as a Co-op supermarket, Costa Coffee and Haxby Bakehouse.
This luxury 63 bedroomed care home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, restaurant standard dining rooms, a full beauty salon, and hairdressing room, a cinema, a convenience store, and outdoor terraces on each floor.
The home will offer large, beautiful gardens, with a bowling green, allotments, and private seating areas for family, friends, and residents to enjoy.
Yorkare Homes is one of the highest CQC-rated care providers nationally and that same level of care will be provided at Haxby Hall.
Yorkare Homes aim for their residents is to enjoy the next chapter of their lives in a safe and luxurious environment, whilst being able to offer a varied and engaging range of social activities. This is achieved by our dedicated care teams, activity co-ordinators and our highly trained chefs.
To build our new amazing team Yorkare Homes are looking for…
Night Care Assistants
(7pm-7am shifts) This role will include some weekend work
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are:
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description:
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks if required through the night.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free enhanced DBS check*
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Pay Scale – £12.80 per hour per hour regardless of age
£12.90 per hour with a valid NVQ in Health and Social Care
The opportunity for an early start date at our sister home Rawcliffe Manor could be considered for those requiring a more immediate start.
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
* Fee will be recouped if you leave within your 3 month probation period.