Care Assistant (Days)
About The Role
Sleaford Care Home opened Spring 2023!
Located in Sleaford, Lincolnshire situated on London Road, the home will be next to a Co-op supermarket and other accessible amenities for our residents, including a community centre and a newly developed coffee shop.
This luxury 67 bedroom care home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, restaurant standard dining rooms, a full beauty salon, and hairdressing room, a cinema, a convenience store, and outdoor terraces on each floor. The home will offer large, beautiful gardens, with a bowling green, allotments, and private seating areas for family, friends, and residents to enjoy.
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio.
Sleaford Care home are recruiting a Day Care Assistant
12 hour shifts
£11.00 per hour (£11.10 with NVQ2)
Free DBS check *
This role will include some weekend work
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are:
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description:
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks if required through the Day.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate if an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care is held)
- Bonus for working over Christmas
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
Unfortunately Yorkare Homes do not currently have a sponsorship license and therefore cannot support overseas applications
*Fee will be recouped if you leave within your 3 month probation period.