About The Role
Horsforth Manor provides both residential and dementia care for long and short stays, includes our usual facilities, such as an in-house bar, a full beauty salon and hairdressing room, cinema, a sweet shop and terraces from each floor.
The facilities are being used on a daily basis by visiting friends and family, and in our varied activities program..
All the bedrooms are large, with some premium bedrooms of over 20sqm each, and all include a full ensuite wet room.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Relief Chef /KA to work within the kitchen team.
(This would include some weekend work)
The role of Kitchen Assistant will work under the Head Chef and Chef team.
It is essential that all our staff are;
Flexible, caring and compassionate.
Positive, self-motivated and organised.
Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
Sensitive to the needs of others.
An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
Possess good communication skills with colleagues, residents and visitors.
Overview of Job Description: Kitchen Assistant
- Kitchen Duties: Under the direction of the Chef to assist in kitchen tasks connected with the preparation, cooking, presentation and serving of meals and beverages whilst ensuring the highest quality of service as required by the residents and Management of the home
- To ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness be maintained throughout the kitchen and dining area, as set by the Health and Hygiene Authorities and the Management of the home.
- To carry out general kitchen and dining room duties, such as setting tables, washing up and serving meals to residents.
- To report and record in an appropriate manner any information to be considered important.
- Servery duties including basic meal preparation (Toast/Porridge/Eggs/Sandwiches etc) serving meals, tidying and cleaning tables etc
- May include at times taking meals to Residents rooms and tidying away once finished.
- May be required to carry out the Tea round – taking the tea/coffee trolley around the floor room to room asking residents what they would like
Food Hygiene and Safety qualified
Good understanding of HACCP
Experience of a Care Home environment desirable. Confidence to engage with residents to create a varied and appetising menu
Current knowledge in catering for modified diets and allergy awareness.
Comfortable working with fresh seasonable produce and good knowledge of nutrition
A warm, approachable manner and an understanding that the residents’ wellbeing is the top priority.
In return the company will offer you:
Competitive rates of pay
Great work-life balance; working days with alternate weekends
Fully comprehensive training and development support from our in-house trainer
Free enhanced DBS check*
Bonus for working Christmas
Staff recognition awards
Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
If you are driven by quality and looking to work with in a friendly, outstanding and progressive environment – apply today.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
* Fee will be recouped if you leave within your 3 month probation period.