About The Role
Horsforth Manor is looking to expand their Activity Team!
The luxury 57 bedroomed care home will include facilities such as an in-house bar, restaurant standard dining rooms, a full beauty salon, and hairdressing room, a cinema, a convenience store, and outdoor terraces on each floor.
The home will offer beautiful gardens, raised planting and gardening areas, and private seating areas for family, friends, and residents to enjoy.
All the bedrooms are designed to be spacious and will all come fully furnished with en-suite and all will include highly finished décor and interiors.
The care home is situated next to Horsforth Hall Park, and local restaurants and pubs are within good walking distance to and from the Care Home.
Yorkare Homes is one of the highest CQC-rated care providers nationally and that same level of care will be provided at Horsforth Care Home.
Yorkare Homes aim for their residents is to enjoy the next chapter of their lives in a safe and luxurious environment, whilst being able to offer a varied and engaging range of social activities. This is achieved by our dedicated care teams, activity co-ordinators and our highly trained chefs.
The Yorkare Homes Group provide luxurious facilities at each of their homes, whether it’s to share a meal or drink in the bar, sing-a-long with the planned live entertainment and musicians, enjoy a pamper session at their hairdressing and beauty salon, watch a film together in the cinema, or simply relax in their beautiful surroundings and gardens.
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Activities Co-ordinator. (24 hours per week 4x 10am-4:30pm per week)
Weekend working as part of the role.
The role is key to our resident’s happiness and will include planning, organising and leading internal and external activities in response to the identified wants and needs of residents.
This role requires weekend work.
Overview of Job Role:
- Help to assess and collate residents’ interests and preferences in association with other care staff members particularly key workers.
- Plan and organise programmes of individual and group activities in response to the identified wants and needs.
- Work closely with residents, staff and others involved in the organising and the running of events.
- Be responsible with the registered manager for the appropriate use of the home’s activities programme budget.
- Organise publicity and information about the activities being offered, displaying, distributing, and updating the information to residents, staff and others involved.
- Advertise forthcoming events externally and within the home.
- Continually risk assess activities in relation to individual residents and ensure each is involved at the appropriate level of risk commensurate with their abilities and aspirations.
- Investigate, develop and extend the range of activities and interests that the home can offer.
- Maintain and develop the home’s “information bank” about community and other resources that residents might be able to use in the pursuit of their interests.
- Review and evaluate the activities programme so that it is kept up to date and fit for purpose.
- Organise and carry out regular “customer satisfaction surveys” of the activities provided so that they can be continuously improved.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free enhanced DBS check*
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Bonus for working Christmas
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Pay Scale: £11.20 per hour
Experience in Care/Dementia Care is advantageous however, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities, we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
Unfortunately Yorkare Homes do not currently have a sponsorship license and therefore cannot support overseas applications .
* Fee will be recouped if you leave within your probation Period.