Day Care Assistant
About The Role
Horsforth Manor is open and due to increasing numbers of resident enquiries are looking to recruit more…
Care Assistants (Day) 8am – 8pm
£11 per hour regardless of age.
£11.10 with a valid NVQ in Health and Social Care.
The luxury 57 bedroomed care home includes facilities such as an in-house bar, restaurant standard dining rooms, a full beauty salon, and hairdressing room and outdoor terraces on each floor.
The home offers beautiful gardens, raised planting and gardening areas, and private seating areas for family, friends, and residents to enjoy.
All the bedrooms are designed to be spacious and will all come fully furnished with en-suite and all will include highly finished décor and interiors.
The care home is situated next to Horsforth Hall Park, and local restaurants and pubs are within good walking distance to and from the Care Home.
Yorkare Homes is one of the highest CQC-rated care providers nationally and that same level of care will be provided at Horsforth Care Home.
Yorkare Homes aim for their residents is to enjoy the next chapter of their lives in a safe and luxurious environment, whilst being able to offer a varied and engaging range of social activities. This is achieved by our dedicated care teams, activity co-ordinators and our highly trained chefs.
The Yorkare Homes Group provide luxurious facilities at each of their homes, whether it’s to share a meal or drink in the bar, sing-a-long with the planned live entertainment and musicians, enjoy a pamper session at their hairdressing and beauty salon, watch a film together in the cinema, or simply relax in their beautiful surroundings and garden
Free enhanced DBS check*
We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of person centred care, and maintaining dignity and respect for our residents, which is shown in the high staff to resident ratio
The role of a Care Assistant is to ensure the needs of the residents are met in a person-centred way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
It is essential that all our staff are;
- Flexible, caring and compassionate.
- Positive, self-motivated and organised.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to develop skills and competency relevant to the role.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- An active team player and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills with colleagues and residents.
Overview of Job Description
- To provide personal care and support to residents with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses and disabilities, all of which are available in their care plan for staff to follow
- Serve and assist with drinks and snacks if required through the shift.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms along with some light cleaning to ensure resident comfort and maintain the appearance of their home.
- To maintain accurate documentation with regards to the care and support given to our residents.
- To act as an advocate to the residents and communicate their needs and wishes when required to senior members of staff
In return the company will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay (increased rate of pay if a Diploma/NVQ has been completed in Health and Social Care)
- Bonus for working over Christmas
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Free Uniform
- Fully comprehensive training and development support from our In house trainer
- Career Progression
- Staff recognition awards
- Rewards App
- Health Scheme
- Working with a fantastic team of friendly, supportive, like-minded individuals
Whilst experience is preferred, training and support is provided to a very high standard if the applicant demonstrates all the qualities we feel are essential to fulfil this role, such as having a positive and caring attitude.
This role will include some weekend work
Yorkare Homes is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
Unfortunately Yorkare Homes do not currently have a sponsorship license and therefore cannot support overseas applications
* Subject to successful completion of probation period.